- Material: Metal
- Type: Brass, Gas fired & Coal fird
- Product Type: Model
- Technique: Welding
- Style: Antique Imitation
- Use: Art & Collectible
- Theme: Sports
- Regional Feature: China
- Place of Origin: Anhui, China (Mainland)
- Brand Name: BOWANDE
- Model Number: G scale (Gauge 1)
- Power: Live steam
QJ is designed and completed production in September 1956, it's the first high-power locomotive that made in China. Upon using a series of new technology, construction and materials, QJ locomotives have reached the world advanced level of steam locomotives.
In 1988, QJ was stopped in production with the finish of the last QJ 7207, and its total quantity was up to 4707 units.
Till 1990s, part of the ex-service QJ locomotives were still running on the industrial lines in Inner Mongolia by Jitong Railway Corporation. On 7th, December 2005, the last steam locomotive QJ 7801 retired, which marked the end of the age of steam locomotive in China.
No 6988/6998/7002/7040/7081 were sold to America Railroad Development Corporation,
running on some excursion lines or as dynamic preserving. No 6988 and 7081 arrived in America on 13th, June 2006, running on Lowa Interstate Railrod. No 7040 arrived in America on 14th, December 2007, was assigned to R.J. Corman Railroad Group. No 6988 and 7002
were demolished, no one knew the real reason.
Main technical parameter
1. Dimensions (L*W*H) : 911.9mm*105.5mm*149.7mm (6 axle tender)
813.2mm*105.5mm*149.7mm (4 axle tender)
2. Wheel configuration: 2-10-2
3. Burning system: Gas Ceramic Burner, Coal fired
4. Working cylinder: two
6. Cylinder diameter & stroke: 18mm*25mm
7. Traction wheel diameter: 46.8mm
8. Fuel: Butane gas, Coal
9. Minimum radius: 2m
10. Boiler working pressure: 60psi
1. With the large size cylinder (diameter at 18mm), our QJ locomotives will have 60%~100%
bigger drawbar pull than the other same scale Gauge 1 live steam models.
2. With inner diameter at 64mm, the cubage of the boiler is big up to 650ml, plus the tender
water capacity of 1500ml, the loco can run more than 70 minutes with full filling of water
3. Owning five sets of traction wheels, and with the largest traction wheels’ axle distance at
200mm, the model will run well on 2m radius tracks.
4. The partial-wet firebox and 5 inside tubes makes the boiler be more emulational.
5. The burning can be viewed from he sightsee window, which brings more interest
6. Self-observational water gauge
7. With hand pump and axle pump, the loco can supply water to boiler automatically
8. Workable whistle
9. Double safety valves, one is working valve (with pressure at 60PSI), the other is
safety valve (with pressure at 75PSI).
10. The R/C system can control the loco’ running direction, speed and voice (whistle).
Developemnt work has finished, pilot samples of both gas fired and coal fired versions
have been made out. In January 2015, both samples were showed on the International
Small Scale Steam up in Diamondhead, USA. And gas fired QJ won the prize of drawbar
pull there, certificate is showing below.
1.Gas fired, Ceramic burning system
Note: We can supply the final models with R/C installed or R/C ready.
Available Names & Numbers
- 6800#, Iron Ox
Note: All names & numbers will be limited released, just several pieces of each.
Final models will be ready before August, 2015.
Pre-order/buy now, while they last!
If you prefer a different name/number, please contact
with us in advance for a reservation as early as possible.
Pilot samples' photos
Coal fired QJ 7081#
Gas fired QJ 6988#